- Invested Amount
- $190,316 (2014 $1 Million to Help contest)
Association du cancer de l’Est du Québec
Strengthen the already existing service offer and deploy new services for women affected by cancer throughout eastern Quebec.
The project is part of the Foundation’s component "support women affected by breast cancer and their loved ones, and promote their interests”. It received positive reviews from an evaluation committee made up of independent experts.
The following projects are being implemented:
- a series of seven art therapy workshops offered by a licensed art therapist in four new locations of the Bas-Saint-Laurent (Amqui, Matane, Rivière-du-Loup and Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac);
- Virtual conference on sexuality: “Cancer et sexualité au féminin”
- a support group for the bereaved in Rimouski;
- service in oncology massotherapy in different parts of eastern Quebec.
To learn more, visit aceq.org