- Since 2011
- Invested Amount
- About $400,000 per year
Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation
Set up a temporary assistance fund to provide financial support to men and women affected by breast cancer who have limited financial resources.
The Financial Assistance Program of the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation provides temporary financial assistance for women and men living with breast cancer in order to alleviate certain financial difficulties that may arise as a result of the disease.
Financial support is available since 2011.
Examples of expenses that could be covered once your application has been reviewed:
- transportation to medical appointments related to breast cancer (mileage, parking, etc.);
- accommodations during treatments;
- medication used to treat breast cancer or one of its side effects that is not covered by the Quebec Health Insurance Plan (RAMQ), group or private insurance or the deductible of covered medication;
- expenses incurred for food and restaurants during appointments/recurring breast cancer treatments;
- home-based medical/housekeeping assistance during active breast cancer treatments/convalescence;
- hair prosthesis, hat, scarf and breast prosthesis and/or specialized undergarments;
- rehabilitation/post-treatment care (for example: lymphatic drainage, etc.);
- rent/mortgage, groceries, etc.