- Invested Amount
- $167,278 (2014 $1 Million to Help contest)
Develop, implement, and disseminate interactive tools to provide education and support in the decision-making process concerning breast reconstruction.
Women who underwent breast cancer surgery were rarely given complete information on breast reconstruction options available to them. To address this issue the CHUM team developed tools that make it possible to:
- support the decision-making process related to available options for breast reconstruction;
- promote acquiring and retaining the necessary information;
- standardize and improve available information and the teaching approach;
- promote prompt recovery and adaptation after surgery;
- reduce level of anxiety and distress to improve satisfaction towards care.
The main focus of this project is to provide assistance to women who choose to have breast reconstruction, and to do so throughout the entire length of the period of care.
To learn more, visit cicc.chumontreal.qc.ca/jai-cancersein-cics/reconstruction