The Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation is a charitable organization established since 1994. The mission of Foundation unfolds under four (4) main strategic pillars:
- Conduct and fund cutting-edge research to reduce the impact of breast cancer;
- Serve and support people affected with breast cancer so that no one is forced to deal with cancer alone;
- Educate people about the impact of breast cancer and encourage them to lead healthy smart lifestyles against cancer;
- Ensure that governments and other stakeholders act to improve access to care.
Our team is driven by a shared vision: a life without breast cancer.
With the guidance of the Vice-President Investment and Health promotion, the grant manager will ensure the planning and implementing of the various grant programs: grant program design and application, administration and compliance, grant reporting and follow-up on awarded projects. Overall, the grant manager must manage the global grant efforts in order to make the grant process work effectively and efficiently.
- Designing, implementing, and managing the various Research and Support grants at the Foundation
- Identify and develop strategies to improve the grants administration process
- Oversee if the grants are executed according to the contract and / or operational and financial needs of the Foundation
- Monitor the development and evaluation of awarded projects in each grant program by coordinating with researchers and other awardees
- Oversee scientific and financial reporting of the awarded grants, and other administrative functions to ensure successful execution of granting process
- Respect upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of work responsibilities
- Ensure a follow-up with co-financial partners and maintain a healthy collaboration
- Prepare budget plans and allocation in accordance with each grant program
- Coordinate with the Marketing and Development departments to ensure promotion of the impact of our investments and to encourage donations
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs
- Prepare a post-mortem impact report at the completion of each awarded project
· Bachelor's degree is the minimum educational qualification required to be a grant manager. However, a manager's post is always valued more with a master's or PhD’s degree. The area of specialization can be in any branch of studies: biomedical sciences, management, business administration.
· First experience in project or program management, ideally in the field of research, is required.
- Project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong expertise over written and verbal communication (French and English)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good understanding of the Foundation's overall mission and objectives
- Ability to work within a team and to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets
- A multi-tasker with strong capability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and generate quality results on time with attention to detail
- Proficient in using computers with related knowledge of software programs and Internet
- Permanent position, full-time (35 hours)
- Benefits (group insurance, participation in group RRSPs)
- Office located in downtown Montreal
- Punctual travel and availability outside regular working hours
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 10, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for a meeting will be contacted