1. Your registration obligations
We may at times require that you register and/or set up an account to use certain portions of our services. In order to do so, you may be provided, or required to choose, a password, user id, and/or other registration information, including, but not limited to, personal information. You agree and represent that all registration information provided by you is accurate and up-to-date. If the Foundation believes that the registration information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, the Foundation reserves the right to refuse you access to its services. However, the Foundation has no obligation to verify the accuracy, currency, completeness or usefulness of any registration information that you have provided to our services.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to use the registered services. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), your parents or guardians must provide consent for you to use the specific services. Your use of the registered services is a representation to the Foundation that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age or have parental or guardian consent. You agree to cooperate with the Foundation’s reasonable measures to verify your identity and authority, including confirming the consent your from parents or guardians, in connection with your use of the services.
If you are accessing our services on behalf of a body corporate, a partnership, a trust, a joint venture or an incorporated association or organization, by accessing our services, that company accepts these terms and you warrant that you are authorized to accept these terms on behalf of such company.
2. User id/password
If you register and/or set up an account on the site, you will be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user id, password, and similar information. You may not authorize others to use your user id, password, or similar information. You are solely responsible for all usage or activity on your account including, but not limited to, use of the account by any person who uses your registration information, with or without authorization, or who has access to any computer on which your account resides or is accessible.
You may be required to change your password on a regular basis in order to reduce the potential for unauthorised third party use. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure (for example, following a loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your registration information), you must promptly change the affected registration information by using the appropriate update mechanism on the site, if available, or contact us using the online “contact us” form. The Foundation will not be responsible for the unauthorized use of your profile by any other person.
If the Foundation cancels your username or password for any reason, you must not reregister with the Foundation without the Foundation’s prior written consent. In the event that you reregister without the Foundation’s prior written consent, the Foundation will have the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel your username and password without notice to you.
If at any time you want to delete some or all of the content that you posted or otherwise made available on the site, please contact us through the online “contact us” form.
3. Restrictions on use
You may use our services for your own personal, non-commercial use, and you may not use our services for any other purpose without the Foundation’s express prior written consent. For example, you may not (and may not authorize any other party to co brand our services, frame our site, or hyperlink to our site, without the express prior written permission of an authorized representative of the Foundation.
4. User content
a) By using our services, you may have the opportunity to post your own content (such as text, images and other materials), comments or inquiries on our site, including but not limited to, our etools, message boards, chat rooms, recipes webpage and blog. Any user content you provide for display on the site is considered non-confidential.
b) When you access certain features on our site that allow you to post and communicate with other users, we urge you not to share any personal information, confidential information or any other information that you would not want to share with the general public. Although most people on the site are here for help and support, there may be untrustworthy people out there who may not have the best intentions. Please proceed with caution.
c) You agree to only post user content to which you own all proprietary right, title and interest, or have a license or written consent from the owner to post such user content on our site. You grant the Foundation a worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, publicly perform, publicly display, publish, distribute, and create derivative works of any user content. We acknowledge and agree that you will own all proprietary right, title and interest in your own user content.
5. Proprietary information
a) The entire contents of the site, including without limitation, all names, designs, graphics, images, illustrations, photographs, artwork, video, audio, software, code, data, text, displays, the site’s “look and feel”, logos, slogans, trade-marks, trade names, service marks, domain names, and the design, selection, arrangement and presentation of the site as a collective work and/or compilation is protected under Canadian copyright, trademark, competition and other laws of Canada and other nations, and is owned by the Foundation or has been licensed to the Foundation. User content is owned by the person who posted the information on the site or the third party licensor, as the case may be.
b) By using our services, the Foundation may provide you with documents, information and resources owned by the Foundation or licensed to the Foundation which are protected under copyright, trademark, patent and other intellectual property rights. All content in the documentation, including the collection, arrangement, and assembly of such content, is the exclusive property of the Foundation or licensed to the Foundation. You are granted a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable and non-exclusive license to access, read and download the documentation located on the site for personal, non-commercial and not-for-profit use only. The site is made available to you for your lawful, personal use only. You may print pages from the site for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you do not modify any of the documentation and you do not remove or alter any visible or non-visible identification, marks, notices, disclaimers or other the Foundation content.
d) We may refuse to provide you with such consent for any reason in our sole discretion.
6. Third party content
a) We may at times accept financial support from organizations dealing in commercial products or services and as a result, we may reference such organizations and their commercial products or services through our services. Any such references do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the Foundation of these organizations or their commercial products or services.
b) Our services may also contain information or materials that are owned or provided by persons other than the Foundation. The Foundation makes no representations and warranties with respect to any such third party content and does not undertake to conduct any independent investigation of third party content. Inclusion of third party content from third party providers with our services does not mean, unless expressly stated otherwise, that the Foundation endorses or agrees with such third party content.
c) You understand that you have no proprietary rights in the third party content and that the third party providers retain all proprietary right, title or interest, including copyright, in their respective third party content.
d) You may not use, either directly or indirectly, any of the third party content, in whole or in part, in an form or by any means whatsoever, be they physical, electronic or otherwise, for any public or commercial purpose, without the prior written consent of the third party providers. You shall use your best efforts to stop any such copying or distribution immediately after you become aware of such use.
8. Use of our services and communication guidelines
The Foundation expects that you will access and use our services in a responsible manner in accordance with applicable laws and treat all users of the site lawfully and respectfully when posting user content and interacting with users through the site. By using our services, you may also have the opportunity to engage in dialogue with the Foundation representatives (i.e. Employees and volunteers) by email, phone, at the Foundation office or at the Foundation events. Any questions, comments and other information communicated to the Foundation representatives, whether by email, phone or in-person and any user content posted on the site must not be obscene, illegal, threatening, embarrassing, defamatory, libellous, harmful, abusive, harassing, tortuous, homophobic, sexist, vulgar, obscene, hateful or racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable, an invasion of privacy, an infringement of third party intellectual property or privacy rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties.
You further agree that you shall use our services for lawful purposes only and represent and warrant that you will not use our services to:
- E-mail, post, provide, communicate or otherwise transmit any information or user content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Transmit any information or user content that infringes, misappropriates, or otherwise violates any third party’s copyright, patent, trade-mark, or other proprietary right of publicity or privacy, or encourages or enables any other party to do so;
- Collect, store, distribute, post, revise or delete any user content or other personal information of other users without their express consent;
- Transmit any information or user content known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Transmit any information or user content that is intimate, private or that you would not want the public to view or have access to;
- Transmit any information or user content that contains the personal health information of other identifiable individuals without their express consent;
- Transmit any health card information, including the number, the version code or both;
- Post any user content that associates the Foundation with any company, product or service that is contrary to any the Foundation policies or may harm the reputation of the Foundation or any the Foundation programs, including without limitation, any tobacco-related product or company;
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity, including without limitation, using a false email address or misleading the Foundation as to your identity;
- Transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, branding, promotional materials, commercial solicitation, political campaigning, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- Upload, e-mail, send via the internet, provide us with, or otherwise transmit any software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, alter, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the site’s infrastructure or limits the functionality of any the Foundation or third party computer hardware, software, networks, or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with or disrupt our services including but not limited to our servers or networks connected to our site, including attempting to interfere with the access of any other user, host or network, including without limitation, overloading, initiating, propagating, participating, directing or attempting any “denial of service” attacks, “spamming”, “crashing”, “flooding” or “mail-bombing” our site or disobeying any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to our services;
- Direct bots, spiders, crawlers, avatars, intelligent agents or any other automated process at the Foundation’s computer systems or otherwise, create unreasonable load upon any of the Foundation’s computer hardware, network, storage, input/output or electronic control devices;
- Remove any proprietary notices or labels, or any promotional or advertising material, from our services;
- Use our services for any public or commercial purposes, without the express prior written permission of the Foundation;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law, rule or regulation applicable in connection with our services;
- Modify, adapt, sublicense, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any of our services, including but not limited to any portion of our site; or
- Rebroadcast, retransmit or redistribute any the Foundation content or documentation without the express prior written permission of the Foundation.
9. Online payments
The Foundation offers an online donation service which allows you to make a donation to the Foundation through our site. We offer different methods for online donations including, but not limited to, single credit card payments and pre-authorized debit withdrawals (e.g., for monthly donations). From time to time you may also purchase products or services from the Foundation on our site. All orders and purchases made through our site are subject to the following conditions:
- You are agreeing to and entering into a complete and binding contract with the Foundation. You are responsible for providing complete and accurate billing and contact information to us and for notifying us of any changes to such information through the online contact us form.
- All prices listed on this site are in Canadian dollars and all charges will be processed in Canadian dollars, unless stated otherwise.
- While the Foundation takes great care to ensure its advertising is accurate, errors and/or inaccuracies may occur. The Foundation may correct errors or inaccuracies and change or update information on the site at any time without notice, including in respect of prices and availability of products.
- You may only purchase or order products for non-commercial and lawful purposes and any other use is not permitted, unless you have received prior written consent from the Foundation.
- The online order form, product form, invoice or otherwise specific agreement that is used by the Foundation at the time of purchase will specify the products that you are purchasing from the Foundation.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase products from the site.
- If you are purchasing products with a company credit card, you must be an authorized representative of the company. If the products are for a child under 18 years of age, you represent and warrant that you are the parent or legal guardian of the child for whom the products are purchased.
- You agree to pay for all charges noted in your order as payable by you.
- Any items purchased on this site will not be delivered to an address outside of Canada.
The Foundation reserves the right to limit the quantities of items which you, your family or any group can purchase, to reject, correct, cancel or refuse orders, and to determine accounts in its discretion including, without limitation, if the Foundation believes that a consumer’s conduct contravenes applicable law or is harmful to the interests of the Foundation or its representatives, agents, contractors, suppliers or licensees.
- The Foundation will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver items as quickly as possible and within any time periods indicated; however, the Foundation will not be responsible for any delays in delivery which are beyond its control. Where delivery is delayed, the Foundation will notify you as soon as possible.
- If any product listed or shown for purchase through the site is no longer available in the Foundation’s inventory, the site will display a warning message to alert consumers as soon as feasible.
- if you are not satisfied with your purchase and wish to exchange it or return it, please see our return and refund policy on our site for further information about returns and refunds.
- Our online payment service for donations and products is controlled and operated by a third party provider. If you have any questions or concerns about our third party payment service, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-871-1717.
The Foundation strives to provide accurate descriptions of the products displayed on the site and will use commercially reasonable efforts when providing descriptions of a product offered on the site. For products that are as described on the site, your right to return any such product shall be pursuant to our return and refund policy available on our site at the time of purchase.
11. Prizes conditions
The draw for the prizes will take place on November 1st.
2023 National Bank Open
2 tickets for the National Bank Open at the IGA stadium in Montreal in August 2023. Tickets valid for one day only. All information concerning the date, the session and seats will be communicated to the winner in the Spring of 2023. Delivery in Quebec is free for the winner.
Spiaggia Rosa paddleboard
One inflatable paddleboard in the colors of the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation from the Canadian company Sun Vibes SUP.
This prize includes:
- Kayak bench – 10’6 x 32 x 6
- Support for GoPro
- Premium double action pump
- Exclusive Sun Vibes aluminum retractable double paddles
- Adjustment for kayak paddle
- 3 fins (2 fixed and one removable)
- Sun Vibes Premium Carry Bag
- Repair kit
- Safety strap
- Kayak Bench Anchor
- *400 pounds maximum
Culinary team activity
The kitchen kit will be distributed to the company that won the culinary activity. The company may decide if a specific member will be receiving the kitchen kit (for example if someone stood out or by a random draw). Delivery is free in Quebec only.
13. Disclaimer of warranties/limitation of liability
The Foundation does not provide any medical advice. Additionally, our services are not for emergency use. If you or anyone you know require medical emergency assistance, please contact your local emergency services (i.e. 911) or go to the nearest hospital.
You understand that any research findings, advice, recommendations and information in our documentation, in our etools features, on the site or otherwise available through our services, is for informational purposes only and does not replace or substitute for any professional medical, naturopathic, scientific or other advice. We cannot and do not guarantee or promise any specific or intended results or benefits from our services, including but not limited to any benefits to your or someone else’s health. We recommend that you consult with a qualified physician or healthcare professional for medical advice, diagnosis and treatment options and other medical answers regarding your personal health. You acknowledge that any reliance on the services will be at your own risk and that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of our services, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of such services.
Any opinions and comments in user content represents the views and opinions of the person that posted such user content and in no way represent the views and opinions of the Foundation.
The Foundation does not warrant or represent that files or information available for access or downloading from the internet, hyperlinked sites or our site will be free of viruses, worms, trojan horses or other code that may manifest contaminating or destructive properties. Your use of the internet is at your own risk and you are solely responsible for any damages to your computer systems or loss of data that results from any internet access or our services.
Your use of our services and documentation is at your own risk. Our services and documentation are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without representations, warranties, guarantees or conditions of any kind, either express or implied. The Foundation expressly disclaims all representations, warranties, guarantees and conditions, including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, quiet enjoyment or non-infringement or those arising out a course of dealing or usage of trade for our services or documentation. The Foundation makes no representations, warranties or conditions regarding the completeness, accuracy, availability, appropriateness, currency, benefits or usefulness of our services or documentation for your purposes.
In no event shall the Foundation, its directors, officers, members, employees, volunteers, third party providers, agents or advisors be liable to you or any other person or entity for any indirect, exemplary, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, including loss of income, loss of profits, loss of anticipated sales, loss of opportunities, business interruption, failure to realize unexpected savings, damage to property, damage to health, claims of third parties, loss of goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses or other economic or personal loss arising from or in connection with:
- Your use of or reliance on any information provided by the Foundation or any user content in connection with our services and documentation;
- Your use of or inability to use our services, including without limitation your termination or suspension of our services;
- your violations of intellectual property rights or privacy rights;
- Any failure of performance of our services, whether related to error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer viruses or line failure;
- The unauthorized use of your account and password by any person;
- Any action taken by the Foundation during or as a result of any investigations and/or from any actions taken as a consequence of investigations by either the Foundation or law enforcement authorities;
- Your failure or insufficient timing to seek medical advice from a medical professional or to seek medical assistance during a medical emergency;
- Any third party content or hyperlinked sites, including without limitation, any information, data, opinions, or advice contained in such third party content or hyperlinked sites;
- Your user content or other information that you transmitted or shared with other users or the public through or in connection with our services ; or
- Any other matters relating to our services, documentation and products, whether based in contract, negligence, strict liability, fundamental breach, failure of essential purpose or otherwise, whether or not the Foundation had any knowledge, actual or constructive, that you might incur such damages.
The Foundation disclaims any and all such above representations, warranties and conditions to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law. Certain jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties or conditions or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions or limitations may not apply to you and you may have additional rights.
15. System security
16. Applicable law
18. Entire agreement
21. No waiver
23. Effective date and modification