Financial assistance program
A SERVICE TO LIFT YOU UP
Breast cancer can destabilize the budget of those affected, whether due to increased out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. transportation to treatment and follow-up visits, accommodation, domestic help etc.) or also, for many, due to work disruption that may lead to a decreased income.
To support people affected by breast cancer, those eligible for the financial assistance program of the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation may receive up to:
- $ 1000 / application, for persons diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer (stage 4);
- $ 750 / application, for persons on sick leave due to breast cancer (stage 0-3) and who are under the age of 65;
- $ 250 / application for all other types of expenditure;
*A minimum of 6 months must separate each request;
The amounts granted and eligibility criteria are subject to change without notice.
|In order for your request for financial assistance to be considered, you must meet the following criteria:
* Exclusion: hormone therapy, reconstructive surgeries
Your gross family annual income, estimated for the current year, must be lower than the following, depending on your situation:
*The dependent child must be under 18 years of age.
If you meet the eligibility criteria, please send these documents:
1. the completed application form;
2. a copy of your provincial notice of assessment for the last fiscal year (the page with the detailed calculations)
3. a copy of your spouse’s (if applicable) provincial notice of assessment for the last fiscal year (the page with the detailed calculations)
4. Only if you are on sick leave: Proof that you had employment income in the year prior to your breast cancer diagnosis (e.g. your last pay stub, recent proof of salary or disability insurance, or employment insurance)
*If needed, we may ask you for other documents
Please send your application (with all the required documents) by mail, fax or email:
Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation – Financial assistance program
279 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 305, Montreal (Quebec) H2X 1Y1
Phone (toll-free) : 1 877 990-7171 #245
Fax : 514 871-9797