- Get involved
- Our volunteers
Become a volunteer at the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation and join a dedicated team working to advance the cause. Our goal is to get our volunteers involved in stimulating projects, according to their interests and availability.
Get to know our volunteers!
Foundation volunteers participate in events, represent the Foundation and help with administrative tasks. Whatever their assignment, each and every volunteer gets support and training to contribute to our mission to raise awareness about breast cancer.
Our volunteers share their stories
In my volunteer work, I have met an extraordinary team of passionate people who care about the physical and psychological well-being of women with breast cancer. By spending time with everyone involved, I have witnessed firsthand the good that kindness and generosity can do for others and oneself!Johanne Boudreau
Volunteering at the Foundation is a way I can be part of a group of people working to make things better and to continue growing and learning now that I’m retired. Life has been good to me and I want to give back to others. Here, I have the chance to do something useful and pay it forward.Danielle Paquette
My volunteering is mainly a way to be useful to the Foundation, but it is also rewarding for me because I am supporting, in my own small way, all the women fighting breast cancer.Johanne Paquette
I feel I’ve found the right volunteer work for me at the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation. I’ve been there for almost three years. I feel like I’m useful and serve a purpose. It’s also very enriching personally. First off, because of the interactions I sometimes have with the women affected by the disease. There is a kind of ‘light’ in their words, attitudes, willpower and struggle that give me strength. But I also see, day in and a day out, the ongoing efforts the entire Foundation team makes to comfort those affected and advance medical research and treatments.Jean Tanguay
Want to get involved and join our team of volunteers?
Several volunteer opportunities are available, depending on your interests and our needs:
- Secretarial work: Provide administrative support to the Foundation team (training offered where necessary).
- Events: Help with set-up and dismantling, site layout, welcoming of participants, etc.
- Ambassadors: Represent the Foundation and provide information or give thank-you speeches at major events organized by the Foundation or its partners. In particular, at fundraising events (e.g., cheque presentation, official photo taking, testimonials, etc.) (training offered).
- Speaker: Lead information sessions on breast cancer and share your experience in educational institutions or in workplace settings (training offered).</204>
- Information booths: Run information booths; represent the Foundation to the general public, women with breast cancer and health professionals; communicate education and awareness messages about health and the importance of breast observation; present our various support services, etc. (training offered).
How to become a volunteer? Call us at 514-871-1717 or use the form to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org