The Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation (QBCF) proudly announces the addition of three new events – The Pink Tour, Montreal — Pink City and Chefs Academy – to the Pink October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month. These events, combined with multiple fundraising and partnership campaigns, promise to raise over a million dollars in the month of October alone. The funds will enable the QBCF to increase its support, awareness, education as well as its research and innovation activities throughout Quebec.
Our upcoming investments
- Development of the My Active Health program with Université Laval and McGill University;
- Establishment of a metastatic breast cancer registry;
- Application of artificial intelligence to radiomics in order to discover new biomarkers;
- Launch of Phase 2 of the Perspectives program, based on risk stratification;
- Funding for Dr. Mark Basik’s Living Tumor program.
The impact of the Quebec Breast Cancer Foundation in 2018
- Funded more than 40 community research and support projects;
- My Active Health – A new kinesi-oncology program deployed for patients;
- 184 free yoga-oncology workshops offered throughout the province;
- More than 800 interventions in the form of telephone support;
- More than 20 awareness and education kiosks held throughout Quebec;
- Over $1.9 million invested in research;
- Over $1.2 million invested in our programs and support services;
Discover Pink October’s 2018 activities
WHAT: More than 1,000 people are expected at this fun-filled gathering celebrating the accomplishments and dedication of all the participants of the Pink Tour. Beloved Quebec artists will be on the stage including: Martin Fontaine, Lulu Hughes, Jean-Thomas Jobin, Robby Johnson, Florence K and many more!
WHERE: Parc Maisonneuve in Montreal
WHEN: September 30, from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
WHAT: Montreal — Pink CIty is an event to be enjoyed by everyone. On October 4th, iconic Montreal buildings including Montreal City Hall, the Olympic Tower, Simons (downtown location) and the BMO building will light up in pink for the cause.
WHERE: Official launch at Place Vauquelin, next to City Hall. The event includes speeches from municipal representatives as well as a dynamic on-stage presentation from a Foundation-recognized kinesiologist.
WHEN: October 4th at 5:00 p.m.
WHAT: Chefs Academy is a culinary experience that challenges participants who have held major fundraisers in Montreal and Quebec City. The workshops will be led by Jonathan Garnier and other well-known public figures who are passionate about cooking.
WHERE: Montreal: La Guilde Culinaire
Quebec City: Ateliers & Saveurs
WHEN: October 28th in Montreal, November 3rd in Quebec City.
About Pink October
For more than 20 years, Pink October Rose has been an annual global mobilization campaign dedicated to breast cancer awareness in order to raise the consciousness surrounding the realities of this disease, the importance of research and increased support. It aims to encourage people to pay close attention to the health of their breasts.